Top Free VPN Services That You Can Trust A Lot
[su_box title=”This Topic Covers Answers to the Following Questions”]
- What is a VPN?
- Why Virtual Private Networks are Used? What is the Exact Need?
- Name some best VPN Services that are really free?
What is a VPN?
VPN is a Virtual Private Network. VPN helps you in accessing destination URL through another network over the internet.
In another words, A virtual private network (VPN) is network that creates a safe and encrypted connection over a less secure network, such as the public internet.
A VPN works by using the shared public infrastructure while maintaining privacy through security procedures and tunneling protocols.
Benefits / Uses of VPN:
- To Enhance Security: All VPNs uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. Thus the information sent over the internet using VPN is encrypted and secure. Most VPNs use cipher suites to encrypt and secure the data sent through it.
- To Stay Anonymous or Hidden: One can access the internet anonymously using VPN. The activity of user remains hidden. Most of the VPNs not even log the activities. So to stay safe and private over internet, users uses VPN services.
- To Access Geo-Location Based Websites: VPNs can be used to access websites that are blocked in particular countries or regions. For example, Netflix is banned in certain regions, anyone can access Netflix using VPN in that regions. Thus VPNs help in bypassing geographic restrictions on websites.
- To Get Secured from Public WiFi: Free WiFi that is available publicly can be used for snooping the private data from user’s mobile phone. Here VPN plays a vital role in protecting users data from snooping through public WiFi.
- To Avoid Being Tracked: VPNs can be used to prevent tracking of users present location. Anyone using VPN will b remained hidden as it shows different IP Address than the real one.
- To Access Banned Websites and Torrents: VPNs helps a lot in accessing Banned websites such as Pornographic and 18+ Content containing websites. As torrents are banned in many countries including India, VPNs are used to access them and to download content from them.
- To Get Protection from Virus and Malware: Most of the Virtual Private Networks have Firewall Configuration. They just block such virus and malware attacked websites thereby protecting the PCs and Laptops from harmful adware. These VPN Services serves as Antivirus and Anti-malware to users. They serves as filters and just protects from junk and dangerous websites.
- To Download Files from Internet: Few people use VPN to increase the download speed of the files and to overcome the download speed limit of Internet Service Providers (ISP). Another few people use VPN to download files from certain government blocked websites.
- To Encourage Confidentiality and End-to-End Encryption: The data sent over VPN remains protected as it is encrypted between the sender and receiver. No third party including Government can access the information sent using VPN. Anyhow security is much more if such confidential matter is sent over using Tor network.
- To Avoid Logging: ISPs usually logs the activities of users. In order to avoid this and to stay away from being logged, Virtual Private Networks are most commonly used.
There are many websites providing VPN services for free and paid subscriptions. Here we will discuss on only few of them.
One of the best VPN service which provides ultimate features for free is “Windcsribe”.
Windscribe is one of the best, old, genuine and trusted VPN service. Their aim is to bring back the Internet as it was meant to be.
The team at windscribe developed easy to use yet powerful tools, that allow anyone to circumvent censorship, access geographically restricted content, and minimize their exposure to marketers, criminals and surveillance dragnets.
Features of Windcribe:
- General Features
- Desktop App Features
- Browser Extension Features
- Large Network: Servers in over 60 countries and 110 cities. Windscribe has one of the most diverse networks out there.
- R.O.B.E.R.T: R.O.B.E.R.T. is a “Remote Omnidirectional Badware Eliminating Robotic Tool” that blocks crap domains on all your devices. It blocks malware and ads on all your devices.
- No Identifying Logs: Windscribe do not store any logs that can identify you. It can’t personally identify you based on IP and timestamp.
- Strongest Encryption: Windscribe use AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key. It also support perfect forward secrecy. In browser extensions windscribe use TLS 1.2, ECDHE_RSA with P-256 key exchange and AES_128_GCM cipher.
- Configuration Files Generation: It generates OpenVPN, IKEv2 and SOCKS configuration files for all your devices.
- Use for Free: Generous free plans are available for those who are on a tight budget.
- Port Forwarding: Port forwarding feature allows you to access services on your computer or home network remotely, while connected to Windscribe.
- Static IPs: Static IPs are regular IPs, no different than the ones offered on windscribe standard servers. The only difference is that you will be assigned the same external IP every time you connect to the Static IP servers. However it is a paid feature, not available for free.
Desktop App Features:
- Firewall: Windscribe Firewall is built into Windows and Mac applications. It blocks all connectivity outside of the tunnel to ensure there is zero chance of any kind of leak, including but not limited to DNS leaks, IPv6 leaks, WebRTC leaks, etc.
- Secure Hotspot: Secure Hotspot is a Windows only feature that allows you to create a secure Wifi hotspot right on your computer (if you have a compatible wireless adapter).
- Proxy Gateway: Proxy Gateway allows you to create a secure HTTP or SOCKS5 proxy server right on your Windows or Mac computer, which is only available on your LAN.
- Flexible Connectivity: Windscribe can Connect via IKEv2, OpenVPN UDP, TCP or Stealth on a wide range of ports.
Browser Extension Features:
- Cruise Control: Windscribe browser extension will automatically connect to the best location in order to maximize your speeds.
- Double Hop: Double Hop allows you to route your requests through any 2 locations on the Windscribe network. This is achieved by connecting to 1 location in desktop applications, and a different location in the browser extension.
- Ad and Trackers Blocking: Blocks ads and trackers that follow you across the web. It will make your browsing experience not only more enjoyable, but also more private.
- Timezone Spoofing: Windscribe browser extensions will fake the configured timezone on your computer to match that of the location you’re connected to.
- Cookie Monster: Keeps track of cookies that are set, and deletes them on tab close.
- Split Personality: Windscribe will rotate your user agent between the most common ones out there, to reduce the chance of basic fingerprinting.
- Secure Link: Secure.link is a separate service operated by Windscribe. It works in a similar fashion to a URL shortening service, where you create a unique URL that points to any webpage of your choice. It generates secure links to expose tracking practices of websites.
What are you waiting for, try windscribe vpn service for free and then upgrade to pro account i.e., premium subscription. Below is the signup button