How to Get Rid of Acne or Pimples Naturally
What is Acne / Pimple ?
Acne / Pimple is a small spot or papule. Acne is small skin lesions or inflammations of the skin in which the sebaceous glands (oil glands) become infected with bacteria, swell up and fill with pus. Pimples generally occur on the face, neck. chest and shoulders.
Acne is the most common skin disease. People of all races and ages get acne. Generally it is most common in teenagers and young adults. An estimated 80 percent of all people between the ages of 11 and 30 have faced this problem at some point of time.
Types of Acne / Pimples:
There are many types of Acne. The most common types are:
- Whiteheads: These are pimples that stay under the surface of the skin.
- Blackheads: These pimples rise to the skin’s surface and look black. The black
- color is not from dirt.
- Papules: These are small pink bumps that can be tender.
- Pustules: These pimples are red at the bottom and have pus on top.
- Nodules: These are large, painful, solid pimples that are deep in the skin.
- Cysts: These deep, painful, pus-filled pimples can cause scars.
Causes of Acne / Pimples:
- Excess production of testosterone or hormones
- Increase in sebum secretion
- Dirt, oil, clogged pores of the skin
- An unhealthy diet
- Greasy makeup
- Some types of medicine
- Starting or stopping birth control pills.
How to get rid of Acne / Pimples Naturally:
Aloe Vera Gel for treating Acne / Pimples:
Aloe vera is one of the oldest and most popular remedies for acne. It contains gibberellins and polysaccharides which kills acne-causing bacteria. Aloe vera is a natural astringent that removes excess oil, dirt, and dead skin cells which further block skin pores and cause bacterial infection.
Aloe vera reduces the redness, inflammation, and pain associated with acne as it is a natural anti-inflammatory and has soothing properties.
Steps to be followed for Treating Acne / Pimples with Aloe Vera Gel:
- First wash your face gently with water.
- Extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf and Apply it on the affected area.
- Let for 15 – 20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Repeat this method daily for best results.
Lemon Juice for treating Acne / Pimples:
Lemon contains Vitamin C and it has Acidity nature due to critic acid. This acidic nature helps to clean the skin pores properly and kill the bacteria. Lemon is a natural skin whitener and it contains an Astringent, which will cause a contraction of body tissues to reduce the acne.
Steps to be followed for Treating Acne / Pimples with Lemon Juice:
- Take a fresh Lemon and collect slice of lemon.
- Apply Slice by rubbing on the affected area of Acne.
- Leave it for 2 hours without disturbing the affected place.
- Finally rinse your face with water.
- Clean your face gently with water.
- Take a lemon juice in a bowl and add little quantity of yogurt.
- Apply this mixture on your face by using cotton ball.
- Leave it for few minutes and rinse your face completely with water.
- Repeat the process regularly for better results.
Honey for treating Acne / Pimples:
Honey is a source of natural antibiotics and It has anti-inflammatory, Moisturizing properties which helps to reduce redness and inflammation of Acne.
Steps to be followed for Treating Acne / Pimples with Honey:
- Take a small amount of Honey and apply it on the affected skin.
- Leave it for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse the affected part with warm water.
- Do this process regularly.