How to Make Ice cream without Using Ice Cream Maker
Today I am going to show you how to make smooth ice cream without using any appliance. Most of the people use “Ice Cream Maker” in their homes. But some people can’t afford such appliances, today’s recipe is dedicated for them. Using “Ice Cream Maker” may be the easiest way to make homemade ice cream, yet there is simplest procedure to make ice cream in homes.
With little knowledge of kitchen accessories, you can make soft, smooth ice cream without any appliances. The key role in ice cream making is to prevent the formation of large ice crystals so as to keep it smooth. Smaller crystals will keeps ice cream smooth and creamy. Usually constant stirring in the “Ice Cream maker” helps to prevent the formation of large crystals, the same procedure of constant stirring can be applied with some tactics.
First of all, i will show you general procedure and the ingredients involved in making of ice creams with appliances. lets have a look on ingredients:
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 and 1/4 of Milk
- 3 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Whipped Cream.
- Mix Sugar, Salt and Milk in a sauce pan and cook it over medium heat.
- Stir occasionally until the mixture almost boils.
- Soon after the mixture boils reduce flames to low.
- Beat few eggs in separate pan and add a cup of hot milk i.e., above mixture.
- Now mix both the mixtures of hot milk and beaten eggs in sauce pan.
- Cook the mixture over low heat with constantly stirring until it get slightly thickened.
- Now it’s time to remove from heating and refrigerate it for at-least 2 hours.
- After chilling Mix it with whipping cream and vanilla flavor.
- Stir the mixture with a wire whisk for through mixing.
- Pour into “Ice Cream Maker” and serve it later.
How to Make Ice Cream without Using Ice Cream Maker
Steps 1: Prepare Base
As we know most ice cream bases begin with milk, cream and sugar, but there are a few additional ingredients that will help stop the formation of large crystals for smooth ice cream. For that reason, ice cream bases with egg yolks work well. Start your base by mixing half and half amount of sugar and egg yolks in a medium sauce pan.
Step 2: Chilling Base
To quickly chill your ice cream base, place it in a bowl over a second bowl full of ice and whisk until it is chilled. When you’re ready begin freezing, pour the ice cream base into a large, shallow non-plastic or glass dish. Using a shallow dish or tray type dish will increases the surface area to freezing air in refrigerator and speeds the freezing process.
Step 3: Freezing and Scarping
Cover the dish and place it in the freezer for about 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, the edges will just begin forming ice and solidify. Scrape the frozen edges from the side of the dish with a spatula or whisk and stir vigorously into the rest of the liquid. Freeze again for 30 minutes, scrape the edges, stir and freeze again.