Reasons for causing Blue Screen Errors and the possible solutions
Many of you might have come across this issue.
Let’s discuss the possible reasons behind it.
- Issue with computer’s hardware or Drivers of the hardware.
- Low level software’s running in windows kernel.
- OS might have been corrupted.
- Any recent driver update or software update.
- Poor connection inside the computer (cables disconnection or RAM not firmly placed in its slot).
- Graphics card Software updated but not compatible.
There are different types of Blue Screen Errors. Listing few of them.
- STOP 0x000000ED (UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME)
- STOP 0x0000007B (INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE)
- STOP 0x00000024 (NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM)
- STOP 0x0000007E (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
- STOP 0x0000008E (KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
- STOP 0x00000050 (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA)
- STOP 0x000000D1 (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO)
- STOP 0x000000EA (THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER)
Let’s discuss on fixing these issues.
If you are able to login into windows and after some time Blue screen appears:
- By using System Restore option: Undoing the recent changes to system.
- Go to Start -> Search for System Restore -> Click on System Restore – > Follow the instructions.
- Updating Windows: Updating windows for any advance packages of OS.
- Go to Start -> Search for Windows Update -> Click on Windows Update – > Install updates if any.
- Disabling or Update drivers: Disable the corrupted driver or updating it.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System Security – > Device Manager – > Double Click the driver to be updated – > Click on update driver\Disable the driver.
- Using action center to find solution online: Search can be performed online for any issues.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System Security – > Review your computer’s status – > Maintenance – > Click on Check for Solutions.
If you are not able to login at all then the following can be followed to solve the issue:
- Safe Mode: Logging into windows using Safe Mode.
- While restarting press F8 -> Advanced Boot Options -> Choose Safe mode – > Save & submit.
- Pre-installed recovery options: Using Advanced Boot Options and then repairing or using DVD or pen drive.
- While restarting press F8 -> Advanced Boot Options -> Repair your computer – > system recovery options – > startup repair – > submit.
- Insert Disc – > Install Windows page -> Repair your computer -> system recovery options – > startup repair – > submit.
- Undoing recent changes to the system, restore your computer using a system image backup, Reinstall windows are some of the other remediation steps to be followed.
Check my previous post on Why do Computers keep Hanging and their Remediation steps.